If you suspect an affair you often can’t concentrate on anything else. All-consuming thoughts, worries and questions occupy your mind. You can feel shock, anger and resentment even before any suspicions have been confirmed, making sometimes fragile relationships even harder to maintain. As vulnerability and insecurity increase, confidence and self esteem fall away.
Involving your usual confidentes is not always the best idea. People too close to the situation will sometimes provide conflicting advice and if an affair is confirmed there are then often additional complications with your decision about what happens going forward.
At The Affair Clinic we offer a highly confidential and non judgmental space for you to talk through your situation and emotions.
It is important that, for our first meeting at least, we meet face to face. In order to make our service more accessible to our clients we use a number of discreet meeting rooms across London and the South East. Please contact us to find out the most convenient for you. The written word can often be interpreted in a variety of ways and through an initial consultation we can begin to understand you and your unique situation and easily ask questions to avoid any confusion. We will listen to what you say and help with what is difficult to say. These situations are often complicated and experience shows you will benefit more going forward if we meet face to face at least once. This session will last between 1 and 1.5 hours.
During this initial consultation we will listen to and understand your unique situation and together we will:
- Talk through who is involved directly and indirectly
- Work through how you feel emotionally
- Discuss what you want to achieve and how I can help you get there
- Start to work through your questions
- Talk about how we do subsequent sessions
Face to face sessions can be very beneficial, especially at the start of the work, but I understand that for future sessions you may want to utilise the advantages of email therapy. We can discuss the best options for you at our initial meeting. In subsequent sessions we can help you
- Work through the questions occupying your mind
- Understand why you feel the way you do
- Help you understand yourself
- Work through various scenarios
- Develop plans that feel right for you
- Re-capture your real self
- Work towards a less confused present and a brighter future